Sunday 4 January 2009

Tablescape Tuesday





Welcome to my tablescape for tuesday...this is only the 2nd time I have presented. The dinnerset I have used is simply Denbyhttp://www.denby.co.uk/ranges/1146/greenwich.aspx in the greenwich. This is my everyday use tableware and has served its purpose very well over time. The beautiful yellow/red/green and purple glass bowls you can see are from my belated mother-in-law. You can see how thin the glass is by the single photograph of the purple one. Honestly when you hold them it feels like paperthin ice. They I think come from the 30's/40's.....I don't and cannot use them as they are so delicate...but they are gorgeous to get out and hold at times. The tablecentre piece is a huge...well to describe it is...(ok for those of us who can remember the drink) like a babycham glass. Thank you for stopping by...and I hoped you enjoyed my green/goldie tablesetting...till next time.x
Oh before I go if you fancy a look at other beautiful Table Landscape...please go and have a look here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/and you will see the links....they are truly lovely. Enjoy....you never know if you haven't joined in yet...you might.










16 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Beautiful Tablescape!I started to panic when I saw your post...because I haven't set my table or taken any pictures of it yet... for tomorrow!

I had better get busy!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh gorgeous! Happy Tuesday! You're ahead of us in the US! It's lovely. The bowls do look unusual. You have done a beautiful job! I'm doing my first one tomorrow also. It was hours of work! Did it take you that long or is it just me??...Debbie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Lovely tablescape. Those glass bowls are so pretty, and how nice that they are family heirlooms. Your centerpiece looks great! laurie

Kathleen Ellis said...

Lovely warm, rich colors and a beautiful centerpiece!

Thanks for stopping by...HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW DREAMS COME TRUE!

Envoy-ette said...

I love Denby plates too! Very nice table! This is fun..isn't it!

Anonymous said...

Hi and Happy Tablescape Tuesday! Your table is so beautiful! I love those delicate bowls and your centerpiece is outstanding.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
P.S. My daughter and husband lived in Otley,UK, outside of Leeds for 2 years and just loved it. We went to visit several times!

Helen said...

Hello there! I just discovered your blog and will definitely be back for more visits. Your tablescape is lovely as is your writing. I must tell you I went back to earlier posts and read about your mother and father. I know, full well, your pain and heartache. Please know I am thinking about you ... I wrote poetry and kept a journal during the years I cared for my mother (through Alzheimer's disease and Lewy Body disease.) I have posted a few of them. I stopped writing poems about her a week or so after she passed away in my arms-a tiny shell of the woman she had been.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Your bowls are indeed lovely & I love how you have done the napkins. And that shade of teal is wonderful!

Unknown said...

It is beautiful...I really like the candle embellishement!

Unknown said...

I love your centerpiece!
~Rainey

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Your tablescape is beautiful. I love your centerpiece. Clear glass is a favorite of mine. I also love your flatware. I'll be back to visit your blog again. I'm adding you to my favorites.

Lady Katherine said...

What wonderful treasures to have. They make your table so wonderful.

ellen b. said...

I enjoyed the color palatte you put together here! Very nice...

Melissa Miller said...

~Beautiful centerpiece~
Wonderful TT posting. :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Beautiful tablescape...love those darling bowls! Great centerpiece! Thanks for joining in on Tablescape Tuesday this week! Susan

Lana G! said...

Beautiful tablescape! Happy New Year!