Thursday 19 April 2007

If you go down to the woods today...you'll find...

Teddy.....honest to goodness, for a few weeks its taken me ages to finish off things and now (sshhh! only whisper it in case others are listening) these blogs have ears you know!! lol
here am I steam rolling ahead. Made this pram/cot/bouncing cradle cover in my own yes own (pleased as punch that I managed to find something else to use it for other than a hat) handspun yarn. BFL in oatmeal and cream...bears body dark brown duh! rolls eyes obviously...yes I know am trying to do 3 things at once. Just put rice pud in simmer oven of rayburn...then we have chili chicken for dinner and sweet potatoes and erm not sure yet....anyway I digress.........his jumper is in Noro Kureyon and made up the pattern for him adhock.
Its lumpy in places but hey then am still quite a virgin spinner, well thats my excuse. So meet
Bear...dadaaaaaa!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and the close up.....no don't look too close...I SAID ...oh go on then if you must...the nobbly bits on the yarn add character. Well thats my excuse...see ya x

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Put a Sock in it said...

Aww... that's lovely! So cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I think your handspun is quite lovely in the bear and you're right, the little bumps and nubs give it great character! Who wants it to look like machine knit?!? A wonderful project indeed and one to be very proud of!

Caroline said...

Cute, cute, cute. Have you seen the free pattern that Interweave Knits has online? Seems like one you would like.

Artis-Anne said...

Oh that is sooo cute and your handspun looks great .

Viknits said...

Awww he is really lovely, and your handspun yarn really suits him!

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh thank you for your lovely comments...its soo nice when people reply to ones postings isn't it. Hugs xx