Saturday 9 February 2013

NEW KITCHEN REVEAL.

This is the kitchen we inherited with our bungalow.  Some 20 years old but would have been workable for a while except that appliances didn't work properly....so set about designing via Ikea website a lovely new kitchen.......ta da!
Ikea stat in off white.......love love love it.
This was the previous oh so dated! 1970 sliding door into the original kitchen..........sooooooooo
we decided to do away with it and have a square arch directly into hallway...
Just the job for breakfast for two.....

Appliances from appliances online....great site, good delivery.  Very strange for me using an electric oven as was so used to my Rayburn before but this has different ways to cook.etc....fan/grill and fan/ top and bottom heating.....everytime I cook I'm having to refer to instructions...
and what kitchen isn't complete without a bit of Cath.
and the kitchen is filled with the sweet scent of hyacinth, even though the heat has pulled them a bit.
 
Anyways a bit of info for those that might be interested......
 
Kitchen Ikea Stat
Tiles Laura Ashley Artisan in pale biscuit colourway
Appliances online
Wenban Smith worktop
 
Am such a happy bunny.......and love the new sink too, but having to be very careful not to drop china into it......hope you enjoyed by show round.......oh! and of course my sweet retro apron made as a present for my birthday by a very clever friend of mine. 
 

14 comments:

Knittings Nice! said...

Hellloooooooo.....anyone.

Caroline said...

I am truly in love with your new kitchen. I've been eying those same cabinets at Ikea for the last couple of years, but I'm going to have to wait a while. My daughter said the other day that she was so glad that she didn't have much debt from college so far. I told my husband later, "Of course, she doesn't; we do!" Oh well, I'm hoping she'll take care of us when we're old in repayment.

Unknown said...

Hi and thanks for the nice comments you left me. I don't suppose you understand norwegian, do you? I've been concidering adding google translate to my blog, but I'm not really sure how to do it.

I have added myself as a follower to your blog. I can read english ok, but writing in english is not my strong side. (I've got my husband to write these words for me).

I enjoyed very much that you also have a kitchen from IKEA, just like we do.

I wish you a happy and nice week.

Hugs from Monica from Norway.

Carol said...

Your kitchen is lovely, you must really enjoy being in it.
You must have done the same trip as us! We did it on the Hurtigruten and went on the journey north, over the Attic Circle and round the North Cape. We did have one choppy night at sea, which I enjoyed ! I felt like a baby being rocked in a cradle as I lay in my bed !!
Cx

Carol said...

lol....yes they did try and wee en-route, no poo's just the odd pop...well I hope that was the dog's !
We did not get too many bumps I just loved all of it.
In the wind it was -40 odd, I just didn't feel the cold apart from my face which was hardly visible anyway.
I do want to go again, definitely.

Kathy at Knitting Off The Grid said...

I just visited your blog for the first time and enjoyed it immensely! Your kitchen remodel is gorgeous!

Knittings Nice! said...

Why thank you Kathy for stopping by, afraid have not blogged mjuch latelhy, too busy doing up bungalow.

Herb said...

You will see how your kitchen improved after the makeover. You have the same appliances; it’s the furniture that made the area alluring. You placed the lovely flowers on the perfect spot! It made the area look livelier too. Also, I like that you used mugs to serve as flower pots. How creative! Finally, the bar stools were a great addition. You can sit and sip your favorite blend of coffee every morning there. :D

Herb Koguchi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You made your kitchen look so spacious by removing the sliding door. That allows for a better way inside the kitchen. Love those little decor you add there. It’s not just functional, but also stylish. #Gregoria Newsome

Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks great and I love the colour of your walls. Could you share the shade / brand?

Unknown said...

Certainly a lot more spacious now! And it doesn’t look as cluttered as your old setup.It was a great idea to remove the sliding doors. There's even more room to move about, and it lets in more light that way!

Rene

florence said...

Hi can what paint colour is in the kitchen?lovely

florence said...

sorry meant what colour is paint in kitchen ?