Saturday 31 January 2009

Knitted Tea Cosy

I know I haven't been posting much about my knitting lately....but honestly I have had my needles clicking. So today was very cold and whilst hubby was busy doing the breakfast room...Oh by the way I have painted the yeuk brass fire surround (picture on previous post) and it has come up a treat, it is now black.
So anyway I wanted a quick knit to do and thought there's my lovely Denby teapot feeling brrrrrrr!!!..so I quickly polished off this lovely tea cosy today. The pattern is from https://www.ravelry.com/account/login which is a worldwide knitting community (for those who have never heard of it or don't knit or crochet. So Mrs teapot is warm and cosy with a pretty flower atop. Anybody that likes the pattern to knit...it is called Autumn Tea Cosy....oh and the yarn I used is Kureyon Silver Thaw.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely. I love the colours, especially the pink. What yarn is that?
Fun small project!

Caroline said...

I love it too. Tea cozies seem so very British to me. I usually plan during the summer that I'm going to be "British" and have "tea" when I get home from work everyday, but then I never follow through. If my teapot had a tea cozy maybe I'd follow through then:)

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

that looks great:)