Saturday 24 January 2009

Friday night and the lights are low....

Friday night and the lights are low....looking out for a place to go..........lalallalalallalalla..come on all sing...you can dance...you can.....llalal....oh alright then I'll stop. So Friday night we had a couple of friends round for dinner....I cooked all day....Watercress and celeriac soup......then Beef Wellington and roast potatoes and peas alla Italiano...(well peas with bacon lardons...spring onions all cooked in double cream)...glazed carrots. Then we had a chocolate savarin for desert...which I must admit was rather jostled together at the end with the strawberries etc.....the savarin was soaked in syrup made with wine/sugar/brandy and then chantilly cream.
Coffee was served with ROCKY ROADS.....with due thanks to lovely Nigella Lawsons "Christmas" book.


I laid the table very simply with white tablecloth...burgundy place mats and napkins. 3 bottles of wine later...full bellys and very happy dinner friends....and then after clearing away and all I ended up going to bed 1.27am Saturday morning...phew.



4 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

This looks like such a lovely party, and your pictures are making my mouth water. They look so delicious! laurie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Ohhh! The food looks yummy! It sounds like everyone had a good time! You should recreate your table setting for Tablescape Tuesday! Have a great weekend...Debbie

Caroline said...

You are definitely "foodies." Isn't Nigella wonderful? I wish I could just reach out and eat some of that food.

Thank you so much for your kind words last week. I can't say that it wasn't a horrible week, but at the same time I couldn't believe how our community can together for our friends. There is no doubt in that family how much they are loved.

Helen said...

Oh my! What a feast ... for tummy and eyes!