Sunday 4 January 2009

Phases......

Hello...hope everyones well. I have been thinking a bit over the last few days...(and my voice is now coming back) even though my darling hubby joked about it being quieter hehe. Anyways...started to sort out a few of my arty bits and bobs....a few years ago I was mad on watercolour and pastels...and enjoyed this hobby for quite a time then for some reason it has taken a back seat...I just wondered why my enthusiasm for this died...could it be been there, tried that etc. I have tried picking up the brushes on the odd occasion the last couple of years...but I just couldn't seem to get anything quite right with the strokes. So anyway in the meantime I thought I would share with you some of my work...albeit these images are copied but painted by me in watercolour and the floral one in pastel
from watercolourist authors books.... but I enjoyed the learning process all the same....funnily enough my dreams were to take myself off into the English countryside and paint what I saw...tried it just didn't work for me....oh well...maybe I might be inspired sometime soon. Just seen that one piccy seems to have repeated itself...opsy.















2 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

These are beautiful! You should keep it up! I'm afraid it would all be stick people and little square houses if I tried! lol Love the flowers especially! Thanks for sharing!...Debbie

Tea Time With Melody said...

You are very talented! I like your paintings of the countryside. The ones where it looks like you are looking out from behind the white fence. Just lovely. Get those paints back out and start again...