Saturday 11 August 2007

Guild day...

Well today was Guild Day.....this is about my 4th time I think. Very interesting with lots of advice from people in the know regarding all aspects of spinning, dyeing and weaving. It was a skills day and one lady was showing needle felting...looks fun specially with all the stabbing of the fibres going on. They were making lovely flowers and leaves etc.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketat Photobucket">
....and a table laid out with every glorious colour...scrummy.
I so easily could have been tempted by this but don't really want to add another crafty type hobby to my spinning, find I haven't enough time in the day of week for that matter for all that I wish to do.

One lady brought this gorgeous thick knit jacket along for a looksee, it is spun Gotland as far as I understand and weighs quite a bit, pity we don't seem to have the weather much anymore to do it justice. Just imagine the amount of spinning hours put in the make this.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then out of interest I toke a piccy of two Lendrum spinning wheels. Mine is the lighter coloured one and is now about 8 months old and the other one 8 years old. Hasn't it mellowed to a beautiful hue.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

As for me, spent the day doing a bit of knitting on two different items, a bit of spinning, a lot of chatting and of course drinking tea. I think in September some members of the guild are demonstrating at a local sheep fair near here. I might go along and sit and do a bit of spinning, whether or not I fancy people peering over my shoulder is a different matter but we shall see....anyway all for now.laters x

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Ive been intrigued by needle felting lately too. But I'm with you, like I need another hobby! I love the colors they're using though!

Scottishf said...

Wow I love the jacket, but would be too scared to wear it after all that work!

Linda said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog! Yes, I met Evie and there is a picture of her on my blog (did she see it?) in the post about the rare breeds show. Lovely ladies at your guild. I just don't have time to attend things like that at the mo which is a shame.