Monday 16 March 2009

They cancelled our holiday.....!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr. and double grrrrrrrr!!!!!!.......they've cancelled our holiday and I am really brassed off. We were supposed to be going off to the island of Ischia across the bay from Naples in glorious Italy in a few weeks......stunning green hills gorgeous coastline and wonderful with beautiful lemons growing against a backdrop of sparkling blue sea. We had a beautiful small family run hotel booked....only 30 odd rooms...it had a thermal swimming pool which was emptied and filled again every day. We were going to go to Pompeii and visit the gardens of La Mortella.....and now they've pulled the plug, we wouldn't mind but we had just paid the final balance and were off in 8 weeks...we had read up on where etc we also wanted to go. But a envelope with a letter "sorry, we've had to cancel due to insufficient numbers"....duh! Surely they must have known this before now. So disappointed....we can find another holiday etc its just the fact that it takes so long for me searching Trip Advisor to make sure we get a excellent hotel etc.....suppose me and hubby shouldn't be fussy but we are, we think one pays a lot for a holiday and I would hate to end up in a stinkhole of a place. Take last September we were supposed to go to Norway and stay in a hotel in the Fjords, well before that time I hadn't heard of trip advisor, I think I must have been the last on the planet not to have heard of it. Well anyway I searched the hotel on there and my goodness 80% of them were negative about the place...but it had such a glowing report on the brochure.

Anyway back to here and now....have been doing a bit of searching this morning for another hotel/holiday and well we will see...mind you it has taken the shine off it a bit...ne'er mind...have a good day all. x

3 comments:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well that is a bummer! It sounds like the trip you had planned was lovely, so I'm sure you'll be able to come up with a new plan that is just as wonderful. I'll be anxious to hear what you decide to do for your holiday. laurie

Sally Townsend said...

Don't suppose I'm allowed to say I know just the place :)

Wow I want your sofa's they look divine.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Teresa...I hope you have found somewhere lovely to go and are there right now...enjoying yourself!! ...Debbie