Friday 12 August 2011

Come and meet my beautiful new friend...Jenny!

Good morning blogworld, as some of you may know we had to have our beautiful Cavalier Megan to dog heaven some weeks ago and yes we said that we would give ourselves 6 months to see if we wanted another pet.....erm! life has a way of changing things. You see hubby and I felt such an empty place in our hearts and where her basket used to be that last week I tentatively started looking at Cavis again, but something was not right and clicking. You see we'd had two Blenheim cavs over the years and I had the feeling nothing would meet our expectations with another. So we decided to start looking at Spring Spaniels and Cocker Spaniels, the Springers didn't do it for us they seemed a tad too big for us. We then looked at english cocker spaniels, still nearly there but not right. Then

whilst browsing pictures of cocker spaniels I happened upon a picture clicked on it and said to hubby "if we had another dog thats what I'd want her to look like"....hubby turned to be and said the caption read "American cocker spaniel"...what!!!! in my ignorance I had never heard of an American one, so a lot of research and googling was done. Well we started to fall in love with them...so next step look at breeders, ok not a lot of them in the U.K....AND waiting lists.


Then, Wednesday night I happened on a website for breeders and people selling dogs clicked on ACS and there was an advert this lady was selling her 5 month old silver buff ACS....well emailed her and waited a couple of hours no reply, so rang.....had a lovely long conversation....went to see her yesterday Thursday pm...lots of questions on both sides. It turns out that this lady had a Cavi whom had died 8 months previous and she was going to get another until someone talked her into a ACS....BUT!......sadly for this lady but not for us.....she couldn't connect with her and felt it not fair for her to stay with her......so an hour later we left with this gorgeous little girl in my arms.....meet.


OUR JENNY....................





Hello everybody...nice to greet you x















Yes I know I'm pretty.




and my new Mummy just had to get me a stripy shocking pink basket....and a pink lead and colour.....good job my new Daddy doesn't mind.

It was so lovely coming down to breakfast and being greeted by such happiness...and that empty place in the kitchen now filled again.



9 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

She is beautiful, Teresa! I can see she has already filled your lives with puppy love...how wonderful! Congratulations to the new Mommy! Happy weekend!...hugs...Debbie

lemonade kitty said...

What a gorgeous adorable ball of cream fluff!! I'm not surprised you fell in love with her, I can see you'll have loads of fun, Lucey x

wendy said...

Hi
I've just come across your blog and have enjoyed reading it. I love your new dog. I have an american cocker spaniel too and love him to bits-he doesn't look anything like yours though! I have a picture of him on my blog.
hope you enjoy your new dog!

bellaboo said...

What a cutie! So happy you have a new puppy Teresa..she will bring you so much joy. :0)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so cute! What a beautiful little dog xxx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guro said...

Beautiful, congratulations :)

Caroline said...

Darling, and yes, it does appear that she knows she's pretty. I'd have fallen in love with her too.

bellaboo said...

Me again! In answer to your ? the village was Lindfield,with all those lovely cottages and cricket on the green.Thanks for dropping by. ;0)