Monday 30 November 2009

Making new friends.....and Cath Kidston gift.

Isn't life strange at times? About 15 months ago, I went to a local knitting group, there were only a few of us and we'd sit and chat and knit and coffee and cake and knit and ..........EAT Cake. It was so funny as one of the girls and I hit it off straight away and we soon found ourselves chatting away (to the exclusion of others) ops!
We had so many things in common, shared lots of the same life experiences. The knitting group faded away and we both decided to carry on meeting each other once a week, and as we chatted more and more the coincidences were more and more. We both felt very easy with each other, just and thats the only way I can describe our friendship...just easy, just is.

I don't know about you but some people take loads of different friends through life with them, that they never really get to know. I've always felt out of it as I'm one of the people that only has two or three, but they have always been there. One I have known for eeeekkkkk! 39 years and she was my bridesmaid. Another lovely lady I met strangely enough when a lot of angst was going on in my life and she became a lovely friend and still is 22 years later, maybe we don't see each other that often but always chatting on the phone............................

and now my fairly new friend, I think its lovely how in life I believe your meant to meet certain people, and so glad I met my knitty friend....and LOOK, I'll let you into a secret...sssshhhhhh! Its my birthday today. 21 again.....not! 55 and loving it. I remember turning 40 and boohooing my eyes out.

My lovely friend knew exactly what would bring a smile to my face when I unwrapped it and she had also personalized it with a lovely knitted corsage which I will pin to my burgundy jumper....whatever you do today enjoy! I'm off to open me cards.....byeeeeee xxxxx


7 comments:

bellaboo said...

I shall be the first to wish you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Like you, I have a lot of acquaintances,but true friends I can count on one hand.
Hope you have a lovely day!

Bellaboo

Knittings Nice! said...

Thank you bellaboo.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Happy Birthday, Theresa!! Aren't friends wonderful? I have one friend I have known since kindergarten...54 years! Yikes! Have a wonderful and special day!!...hugs...Debbie

Knittings Nice! said...

Oh thank you too Debbie, made my day.

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a lovely day.
CG xx

VintageVicki said...

Happy Birthday to you.

Lovely pressies from your friend :)

xx Vicki xx

Caroline said...

Happy Couple of Days after your birthday. That was a perfect gift from your friend. I agree with you about having fewer good friends than many that you don't really know that well.