Thursday 22 December 2011

Merry Christmas Mum miss you

Oh how I miss you Mum,
Now that Christmastime is here,
You come to mind now and again,
and I'm sure at times I hear you call my name

I'll walk along a street, my thoughts just clear
and then from knowhere, something will appear
a reminder of you, so strange, so true

It could be a stranger who vaguely looks like you
my heart misses a beat "oh my goodness you look vaguely like Mum"
Its such a strange sensation to perceive

Christmases were so special for us kids when we were small
I cherish the memories of all the times you enthralled
us with delights thank you for those Christmases Mum

Its been 18 months or so since you left this earthly sphere
as sitting here writing this I shed a tear
I love and miss you so so much Mum

Merry Christmas darling

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 comment:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Teresa! What a lovely tribute to your sweet mother! Christmas is just so extra hard, isn't it? I am sending hugs...Debbie