Saturday 14 July 2007

Happy Day....

I can hardly begin to tell you how cuffed I am. Now lets see I have been spinning for about 6 months and out of those 6 months have been along to 3 Spinning Guild meetings. Anyway today was a workshop day and I toke along the 2nd skein that I had spun and made into a babys blanket with a teddy on it...the 3rd
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket




skein was pink and blue merino. Anyways I had to do a show and tell, well I was a tad embarrassed and managed not to waffle too much, which was hard as can be quite a chatterbox. So afterwards one of the ladies who is a spinning officianado came up to me and asked to look at the blanket and skein. She said that both were extremely good and that some of the ladies she knows after several years spinning hadn't reached thus far. Well did I preeen or what? I had been putting myself down at home and get frustrated as sometimes things were not working out correctly on tension etc. Then she asked me if she could take them both and put them in a craft show exhibition under novice/beginner spinner. Well you could have knocked me over with a feather I thought she was joking but no they have gone and it is being held next Sunday.....so lets wait and see.









So today postie came with....Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



isn't it just scrumtious to comes from a lovely site that I have just found.


http://www.lazykate.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=48

Also some pretty BFL in blues/greens fibre unfortunately piccy doesn't do it justice. Then we have Lucas...... alpaca fibre, well thats his name and he is a year old, so it is lovely and soft.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Thankyou for commenting on my blues, I did sell alot of yarn at the fair, but not the blues as yet, funnily enough I live in Hastings and am signing up for another fair in Rye, the blue and pink looks great too!